donderdag 2 december 2010

letter to the Judge about my deportation decision


Marcel Brandsma in Moscow, in december 2002, visiting the Georgian consulate to get a visa to travel to Georgia. Mr Brandsma also went to the Georgian Embassy in Moscow to meet up with Teimuraz Gamtsemlidze, second man of Georgia in Moscow during Shevardnadze time.

Mr Brandsma met mr Gamtsemlidze before in Brussels and Alkmaar, but also already in 1999 in Airport Wassenaar near The Hague, when President Shevardnadze landed there for an official meeting with Queen Beatrix. Mr Brandsma put the model of the Solar Village of Aspindza back under the presidential plane...when it was exposed in Sustain 1999, worlds biggest renewable energy conference in RAI Amsterdam.

This photo is a historical picture, because nowadays you can travel to Georgia without visa, so no more visits to consulates anymore. Marcel Brandsma paid in spring 2004 in Brussels more than 200 euros for a multivisa for Georgia for one year. A few months later Misha decided that all EU-visitors could enter Georgia without applying for visa anymore...


Thursday 2 december 2010, 13.13 hours Holland Time

Dear Sandra,

In Tbilisi there is plenty of nice weather, but Holland is covered under a white blanket of snow and winter is everywhere with temperatures much below zero Celsius. It is cold in my caravan, but I survive.

Maybe you fly this weekend to Holland, because of Sinterklaas ? I can imagine you want be with your parents in Zeeland with your youngest son Nikoesja, who will be turning five soon and who still believes that Sinterklaas is a reality ? He is named after Nicholoz, it sounds almost the same like Nikolaas.

I also can imagine you want show your children as much as possible our beautifull cultural things in Holland, far away from the daily troubles in Sakartvelo.

Definitely, Sinterklaas is one of the most important cultural features of the Netherlands that brings us in the art of poetry and creating surprises !!!

In Sakartvelo you are Pirveli Kali all the time, but I can imagine in Holland and Zeeland you still have the opportunity to be a simple mother of two lovely children and whose husband is much abroad for business ?

Or are you also recognised everywhere, nowadays in Zeeland ?

Have you already received my letter that I sent to your parents about cooperation for Asatiani ?

When you see Misha, can you tell Misha about what has happened to me this week ?

All details you find in my letter that I have send to my tardjimani Zaza Maisuradze by email. And that I have put below here also.

I wanted Zaza to read this letter in court today, but just before the court started the court case was cancelled until next week.

Marcel Maria Brandsma
Gladiolenstraat 10 Shuamta 15 apt 38
1723 WE Noord-Scharwoude III Massiv, Tbilisi
The Netherlands Georgia
tel + 31 6 19 78 69 97
email toidverdroif@quicknet.nl


To the Judge of Tbilisi Court
that decides today about my appeal
against the decission of the Court about my deportation from Sakartvelo on 26th of October 2010

Langedijk, kapusta ostrov, 2 december 2010

Dear Judge,

First I want to say that I was only informed about this court case on 2 december at 14.00 hours on tuesdaynight 30 november at 19.30 hours.

Zaza Maisuradze gave me the information by telefone. Zaza Maisuradze is my contactperson that I have authorised to deal with my legal affairs through a notarial contract.

I was given an advocat from the Legal Aid Service from the Ministry of Corrections and Legal Assistance of Georgia, Mamuka Basilashvili on 26 th of October 2010.

I have asked Mamuka Basilashvili to keep in contact with me and my authorised person Zaza Maisuradze when I was deported.

But until now, there was never any contact between this advocate and me or Zaza Maisuradze.

It was the initiative of Zaza Maisuradze to hear about this court case.

Since what day my advocat Mamuka Basilashvili knows I have this court case and why he has not contacted me or Zaza Maisuradze immediately ?

If Zaza Maisuradze had no contact with him by telefone on 30 november, we dont even know this important court meeting was going to take place on 2 december at 14.00 hours.

Only today, wednesday 1 december, my contactperson Zaza Maisuradze got all the documents from Mamuka Basilashvili so Zaza Maisuradze started to translate the nine pages.

The translation is not ready and I have seen nothing of it when I started to make this document.

But it is the procedure I like to question, judge.

How can we seriously defend my case if we dont get the announcement and all documents on time ?

One day is not enough to prepare myself together with my advocat and together with my contactperson Zaza Maisuradze.

So I would like to ask you judge, to cancel the court meeting and postpone it until we have found time enough to prepare ourselves and discuss our strategy. Your country must have time limits for this also.

This is normal in my country.

How can my advocat Mamuka Basilashvili defend my rights if I do not know there is a court case and if there has been no contact between my advocat and me since my deportation night at 26 october ?

So please give us the normal opportunity to prepare ourselves for this important appeal.

Please judge, can you postpone the court case ?

This is my question to you.

If Sakartvelo wants to be part of the EU and work according to EU rules my court case has to be postponed. I hope the court of Tbilsi agrees with this and my court case will be cancelled and postponed.

I am looking forward to hear from Tbilisi soon.

With kind regards,
from the Netherlands below sealevel, with a lot of snow and ice, it is winter here,

Marcel Maria Brandsma

Post Script

I sent this letter at aboout 10 O clock Holland time or 12 O clock Georgian time to Zaza Maisuradze in Tbilisi.

I called at 10 minutes to two O clock Georgian Time, just before the process was about to start and then Zaza gave me the message that the court case was cancelled until next week, the 9th of december.

I think I should be in this court case personally, so tomorrow, when I am in a meeting with the ambassador of Georgia in the Netherlands I will ask him to organise this for me.

I dont think that Airzena planes are full every day so I could leave on wednesday 8 december and be back on saturday 10 december. So I also have a chance to pick up my personal belongings when I was deported without previous notice, a robbery, we call this in Holland !!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten