dinsdag 7 december 2010

No communication from Tbilisi Court to the verdict the deported Marcel Maria Brandsma


This is - picture down - how the Iveria Hotel opposite Rustaveli metro looked like when I saw it first time, in january 1998.

But also when I came to Tbilisi in january 2004, Iveria Hotel was still full with refugees from Abchazia...


But renovations started when Michael Saakasvili became President and in september 2009 Michael Saakasvili reopened the newly renovated hotel. I was there also, on the official opening day, to see a beautiful fireworks during the opening night.

I had a tour at the Hotel and the view from the top floor, where there is a bar called Oxygen bar, and a swimming pool, is fabulous.

My first drink in the Surface bar was off course a Saperavi Wine and a Borjomi Mineral Water and I will give Zviad Cruise, the food and beverage manager only a tip if I can drink also an Amstel beer in his Oxygen bar.

If the First Lady from Georgia is Dutch, Amstel Beer from Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands, should be in the bar with the most beautiful view in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.

From the moment the hotel is open I have been visiting the Oxygen Bar frequently to enjoy the views of the city. You feel like being the captain of Tbilisi in the captains hut... my nautical brains whisper me.

When the hotel was opened in september, some expat whispered somewhere on Rustaveli in my ears... Again an empty hotel, that will be the fourth five star hotel that is going to be empty in Tbilisi. He mentioned the Metechi Palace, the Old Mariotti and Mariotti Courtyard, all most of the time empty hotels after Georgia had a war with Russia.

From the Oxygen bar of the Radisson you can see down the Kempinsky Hotel, that needed an investment of 150 million dollars. This decission was made in january 2008, I met the English adviser of the decission makers in the Courtyard Mariotti.

The renovation of Kempinsky has stopped in 2009 because of the financial crisis worldwide and due of the war between Georgia and Russia with a big decline in investors, coming to Tbilisi...
.

Monday 6 december 2010

Dear Sandra,

Georgian Law does not allow me to travel to Tbilisi to do my own defense in the Tbilisi Court. This was said by Embassador Shota Gvineria, who I met last week in the Embassy of the Hague. I hope I get a positive answer on the letter that I wrote to your husband in which I asked to do my own defense in Tbilisi during my appeal ?

It has been postponed again and now it is on your birthday, Sandra, the 23th of December, and how nice it would be that I can come again normal to your second country, the country of your husband Misha, from the day that you turn 42 ?

You will have a bussy birthday week that week. First it is your second son Nikoesja, who celebrates his 5th birthday on the 19th of december. I got from you a birthday card when he was born in december 2005. Then on the 21th december it is Mishas birthday. And on the 23th december it is your birthday !

And the day of my appeal in Tbilisi court..

From my Dutch embassy in Tbilisi I was previously informed that on thursday 9 december my appeal against my deportation will be discussed, starting 4 pm.

I have not been informed by the Georgian Government about this, nor my representative Zaza Maisuradze, so I have written the following email to z.bokhua at court.ge and I hope this person understands english and answers my mail asap.

The mail has the same content like all the other mails I have sent. The fact that there is no communication at all from the Tbilisi Court or the Legal Aid Service to me or my representative Zaza Maisuradze. To be continued ...

Dear Batono Bokhua,

Do you speak English ?

I am the person from Holland who was deported from your country on the 26th of oCtober. I think I am the first Dutch Person in Georgian history who was deported from Sakartvelo ?

I have not received any information about my appeal after my court case on 26 of October until tuesday 30 november at 6 pm.

It was my friend Zaza Maisuradze, who I have authorised to deal with all my affairs through an official notar document, who informed me about my court case, that should take place at 2 december at 2 pm.

But this session was cancelled because I was not officially informed, confirmed by my Holland Embassy behind Metechi Palace. The Dutch Embassy sent me a document much too late !

Now I hear that the session is taking place on the 9th of december at 4 pm.

Well, this information has not reached me or my representative Zaza Maisuradze officially through a mail of your Tbilisi Court.

How can I prepare myself for this case if I do not know when it is ?

I want to ask you to again cancel the court case from 9 december, because the advocat that I was given from the Legal Aid Service, Mamuka Basilashvili, has not made any contact with me or with my friend Zaza Maisuradze since I was deported.

All he has done was write a letter to your court that I want go against the decission of the 26th of october.

Well, this was something, Zaza Maisuradze could also have done. From the Legal Aid Service advocat the aid was minimum. And I expect maximum.

So my questions to you are the following:

1) Can you cancel again the court case of 9 december ? Because officially I or my representative Zaza Maisuradze are not informed until now !

2) Can you tell me how much time the court of Tbilisi gives for persons to prepare themselves for the court case, when the announcement for the court case is made ?

3) When the court case is cancelled again, can you inform me as soon as possible when will be the next date ? And not like now and last week, that we have to find out ourselves ?
My contact details are in Holland toidverdroif@quicknet.nl for email and my phone is + 31 6 19 78 69 97

My contactperson in Tbilisi is Zaza Maisuradze, tel 8 99 270 870.

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Marcel Maria Brandsma
Dorpsstraat 114 B
1721 BN Broek op LangedijkHolland
tel +31-6- 1978 69 97

Well, Sandra, the result is now, because of my letters, that the appeal is postponed until the day of your birthday, the 23d of december, at 2 pm. At the time that you are serving maybe zelfgemaakte lekkere Hollandse appeltaart - homemade tasty Dutch apple pie - to your guests on the menu of the Tbilisi Court is my appeal.

I hope I have enough time to organise all the necessary documents. This is very difficult because of the language barriers, the 5000 km distance, the cultural differences and my minimum financial situation.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten